Zonsity

An 80-year-old man died and four other members of his family suffered burns.

An 80-year-old Man Dies After Electric Scooter Battery explodes in Telangana

Shocking news has come to light from the Nizamabad district of Telangana, A battery of an electric scooter exploded while charging at home A 80-year-old man died and four other members of his family suffered burns.

Police added, The deceased has been identified, his name is B Ramaswamy. His son’s name is B Prakash who works as a tailor, he was using this electric scooter for almost a year.

Nizamabad Assistant Commissioner of Police. told, A Hyderabad-based startup that manufactures scooters and dealers was booked under section 304A (negligence death) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC). This is the first time such an incident has happened in Nizamabad and a response from the electric vehicle startup is awaited.

Also read: 6 Best Online Jobs For Students -[Full Guide Step by Step]

According to a statement of the sub-inspector (Sai Nath), Prakash took out the battery from the scooter and kept it for charging at around 12.30. His mother Kamalamma, father Ramaswamy, and son Kalyan were sleeping in the living room when the battery reportedly exploded around 4 am, Due to which all of them got injured. However, Prakash and his wife also sustained minor injuries while battling the flames.

Also read:  20+ Sad WhatsApp DP Quotes | Sad Images HD

While the injured were being treated at a private hospital, Ramaswamy’s condition worsened, and was being taken to Hyderabad for better treatment but he died on the way.